Author: PACKQUEEN Date Posted:17 February 2020
Not sure how to wrap gifts? Our easy guide will take the hassle out of gift wrapping for you!
- Make sure you have plenty of space! There’s nothing worse than fighting with a roll of paper and sticky tape, it’s almost guaranteed to end in frustration!
- Wrapping on a flat surface will help you to get crisp folds and avoid wrinkles.
- If the object is an unusual shape, it helps to find a box to put it into, then you can gift wrap the box
- Having your tape in a dispenser nearby will help during those times when you feel like you need an extra hand!
- Unroll a portion of wrapping paper and place your gift on it so that you can measure exactly how much paper you need. Add a few centimetres and then cut the paper with sharp scissors so that you get a crisp edge.
- Once the paper is cut to the right size, place your gift on to the wrapping paper. Fold the paper over the top of the gift and secure with a piece of tape.
- Turn the gift so that an open end is facing towards you and fold the right and left edges, pushing the sides in next to your box, to form flaps. Fold down the top flap, then fold up the bottom flap and secure with tape. Repeat on the opposite side and you’ll have a perfectly wrapped gift!
Now for the fun part… embellishing the present! Check out some of the fun ways that you can personalize the gift and make it even more special:
- Dress up some plain kraft brown paper with some rustic ribbon teamed with a festive coloured strip of paper or fabric.
- Paper bags with the top folded over and some beautiful embellishment are so easy to do, and look great! Fold overthe bag at the top then use a hole punch to create holes in the top of the bag then secure it with ribbon ties into a bow.
- Get inspiration from nature – Use leaves, twigs or flowers to embellish your gift… a little glitter or paint can make them seem more festive!
- Get creative with ribbon, twine or yarn… Pick a colour theme and use these to dress up your presents with bows, weaving or braids.
- Candy Canes and Christmas decorations make an excellent (and delicious!) embellishment for your Christmas gifts, just tie them on with some ribbon or twine.
- Why use just one bow when you can use more!! Grouping bows of different sizes together createsa luxe look.
- Remember to recycle or re-use gift wrap once your gifts have been opened!